1400 South Fretz Avenue
Suite 120
Edmond, OK 73003

Home Credentials Pediatric Services Reading & Writing Adult Services Our Approach Financial Faqs


Do I need a referral to receive speech or language therapy?
Private pay clients do not require a physician’s referral or prescription. Medicaid clients need a doctor’s referral or prescription for speech language therapy. If you are filing a claim with your insurance company, a doctor’s referral or prescription may be needed.

When do you require payment for an evaluation or therapy services?
Payment is required when the service is provided. To receive a discounted package of therapy, the package needs to be purchased prior to the first session.

Will my insurance cover speech and language therapy?
Some insurance plans do cover speech and language therapy. It is the responsibility of the each client to review their policy and to adhere to policy restrictions.

Speech and Language Services for Children

What causes a speech and language disorder or delay in children?
Speech and language disorders or delays can be caused by a variety of factors. That is why it is important to have an evaluation by a speech language pathologist. After an evaluation, the possible cause can be discussed.

How will I know if my child needs to be evaluated by a speech language pathologist?
Typically, physicians or teachers may notice a delay or disorders in a child’s communication skills. Parents may also suspect a delay or disorders in speech and/or language development, voice, or stuttering. If you have any concerns about your child’s communication skills, please contact Speech and Language Pathology Services, PLLC to schedule an appointment.

My child is only two years old, but is not talking like other two year olds. Should I wait for him to “grow out it”?
Even though some children do “grow out it”, it is wise to at least have a consultation or screening with a speech language pathologist. The speech language pathologist can then make recommendations to help your child with development of communication skills.

My son has been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome. Do you have experience working with a child who have autistic spectrum disorder?
Yes, Linda has extensive experience working with children who have been diagnosed with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (including Aspergers). To facilitate language comprehension/processing skills, expressive language, and social skills, she uses a multi-sensory approach which incorporates sensory integration, behavior strategies, cognitive linguistic development, and social skills development. When appropriate, assistive/alternative communication such as sign language or other communication aids are incorporated into the therapy program.

Where can I obtain more information about Autism?
There are many helpful websites. To start you may want to visit
or http://www.asha.org/public/speech/disorders/Autism.htm

What is a sensory processing or sensory integration disorder? 
The Sensory Processing Disorder Foundation provides the following information….
“Sensory processing (sometimes called “sensory integration” or SI) is a term that refers to the way the nervous system receives messages from the senses and turns them into appropriate motor and behavioral responses. Whether you are biting into a hamburger, riding a bicycle, or reading a book, your successful completion of the activity requires processing sensation or “sensory integration”….A person with SPD finds it difficult to process and act upon information received through the senses, which creates challenges in performing countless everyday tasks. Motor clumsiness, behavioral problems, anxiety, depression, school failure, and other impacts may result if the disorder is not treated effectively.” For additional information about sensory processing disorders we recommend you visit http://www.spdfoundation.net/ or http://www.sensory-processing-disorder.com/

My child was dismissed from speech therapy at his school. I feel that he still needs therapy. Can you help? 
Yes, we can. School districts operate under different guidelines from private speech language pathologists. For a child to receive speech therapy in the public schools, a child’s communication deficits must fall within the specific criteria/guidelines established by the school district, state, and federal guidelines. If you feel that your child still needs speech therapy, you have the right to pursue therapy from a speech language pathologist in private practice.

Where can I get additional information about speech and language development in children?
For additional information please visit

Speech and Language Services for Adults

My spouse had a stroke. Medicare and our private insurance are no longer paying for therapy at our local hospital’s outpatient clinic. Can my spouse continue to receive private speech therapy?
Yes, you may pursue private speech therapy from a private practitioner. Many insurance policies have a limit as to the number of therapy sessions covered by the policy. In this situation, we suggest calling Speech and Language Pathology Services, PLLC for a consultation. A consultation gives you, your spouse, and the speech language pathologist the opportunity to review your spouse’s therapy history, progress, the feasibility of continuing private speech therapy, and to talk about expectations and goals.

My spouse had a stroke a few years ago. The speech language pathologist dismissed her from speech therapy after 12 months of therapy. I would like to be able to work with her so that she does not lose any of the skills that she has regained. Can you help?
This situation is very common. Often we recommend periodic consultations with the speech language pathologist. This allows the speech language pathologist to develop a home program, and to teach the individual and family member strategies to use for implementation of the home program.

I had surgery a few months ago and since then I am having difficulty swallowing. What is happening?
Difficulty swallowing is referred to as Dysphagia. Speech language pathologists are highly trained to treat this disorder. We recommend that you call our office to schedule a consultation so that an appropriate individualized plan of treatment can be developed for you.

I am a teacher. By the end of the day my voice is hoarse and barely audible. Should I seek professional help?
Sometimes voice disorders are caused by an underlying medical condition. We recommend that when individuals experience changes in their voice, they schedule an appointment with their healthcare provider. Frequently, the healthcare provider will recommend voice therapy. Linda has extensive experience working with individuals who have voice disorders.

I find that sometimes my business associates have difficulty understanding me because of my accent. Can a speech language pathologist help me with me with my accent?
Linda has received specialized training in accent reduction and has helped many clients change their speech patterns so that their speech is easier to understand.